Symptoms of Miscarriage
Usually, 80 per cent of miscarriages occur in the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. Cause of loss of pregnancy can be natural or accidental.
The possible reasons of miscarriage include:
- Chromosomal Abnormalities- Loss of pregnancy in first pregnancy trimester is generally caused by chromosomal abnormalities. There are innumerable reasons due to which chromosomal abnormalities occur, however, only 5 per cent of them are genetic. Miscarriage happens when some deformity develops in the chromosome of either of the parents. This leads to uneven number or deformed chromosome structure in the foetus, which make it difficult for the foetus to survive.
- Collagen Vascular Diseases- Collagen vascular ailments are caused when a person’s immune system attacks his own organs. If a woman’s body start producing antibodies against its own tissues, there are chances that her pregnancy may terminate. Some collagen vascular diseases are Systemic Lupus Erythematosus and Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome.
- Blighted Ovum- Blighted ovum is a fertilised egg that implants but it does not develop into an embryo. This cause of miscarriage is unavoidable.
- Ectopic Pregnancy- Pregnancy which does not occur in the uterus is called ectopic. The fertilised egg implants itself at some other location rather than the uterus. When embryo starts developing, it causes internal bleeding, which gradually leads to miscarriage in the early stages of pregnancy. Even malaria and measles during pregnancy is a risk factor for miscarriage.
Other Reasons for Miscarriage
- Women, who are habitual smokers and those who are drug or alcohol addict.
- Ovarian infections.
- Women, who are persistently under stress, are also at the risk of pregnancy termination.
- Diabetic mom-to-be can suffer from miscarriage.
- High blood pressure (hypertension) can be another causes of miscarriage.
- If the expecting mother is undernourished, she possess higher chances of loss of pregnancy.
- Asthma and other respiratory ailments can be concern during pregnancy.
- Pregnancy hormone imbalances can lead to early miscarriage.
- Deficiencies in the immune system of the expecting mother may result in pregnancy termination.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals.
- Emotional, physical or psychological trauma during pregnancy.
- Persistent consumption of caffeine during pregnancy can be a possible reason for miscarriage.
- Low folic acid levels in expecting mother’s body can also result in loss of pregnancy.
Rare Causes of Miscarriage
- Deformities in the cervix.
- Abnormal structure of the uterus- septate uterus, a unicornuate uterus and a bicornuate uterus.
- Placental abruption and placenta previa.
- Thrombophilia Disorders.
In this article contains information about causes of miscarriage. For more details about how to get pregnant follows vidiya sharma articles and visit at onlymyhealth.